FOAS MEETING  - MINUTES 14/ 8/ 18 7.30pm Appleby Staffroom

Present – Janey, Tanya, Jackie, Olly, Amy, Huia, Leanne, Clare, Dorren, Anna, Linda, Kim.

Apologies  - Laura, Jane, Heidi

Review of previous minutes -  Actioned Manpower list was reviewed  by Janey, Dorren and Tanya and more gaps were filled Agenda – Fair Janey - still lacking •    Parking •    A helper for Jenny on information •    Bouncy castle – an extra person •    Pony rides •    Lucky bag – adults to help older children Otherwise fair is mostly on track this year Olly – Plants is sorted. He has contacted helpers and organised donations. Plants is on track. Mentioned a need for a request for plant donations from families to go in the newsletter. Olly said Sue and Syd Lambert will be giving their last donations to Appleby this year. They are long standing donators and have children at the school in previous years. It was suggested a gift of some sort be given to them in thanks. Olly will organise.

Jam to come from fair jam making, Linda offered to buy wine and Clare suggested some chocolate from the chocolate wheel donations. This is Olly's last year. He will be looking for someone to take over plants. Olly to action.

Amy – second hand clothes are on track. Amy normally starts  sorting two weeks before fair and has enough helpers. Huia – crazy hair stall is fine.

This is Huia’s last year and Jules will succeed her on the crazy hair stall.

Linda – hot food is still on track. There are enough helpers for the day. Still need  someone to cook a ham. Need to confirm numbers of consumables eg glad wrap/foil.

Kim – baking is on track. Needed truffle/fudge judges for the Friday before the fair  Janey and Tanya volunteered. Kim will be looking to buy biodegradable plates this year.  This is Kim's last year, she will be looking for someone to take over baking. Susie was suggested as a possibility as she has done it last year. A note to go in newsletter about the cake competion and baking on fair day. Kim commented that we had families in the past provide individually  wrapped items. These families have since left so it was suggested a note go into the newsletter with more information about baking. Clare – chocolate wheel is on track.

Donations are coming in daily. Will be looking to do a father's day prize and one for mum's too. A note to go in the newsletter regarding this. Anna/Jackie - Still looking for fairground prizes. Clare said she will pass on smaller donations for fairground prizes. Still need people for fairground. Liz Harvey was contacted and is happy to bring in lambs for the farmyard and is also gappy to help with pony rides on the day.   We need to check fairground map and make sure no noisy  stalls like crockery breaking is near the farmyard animals.

Entertainment  - Amy said Marcus and his band were happy to play for the duration of the fair now. Anna said she was having trouble filling spaces, she was waiting to hear back from a hip hop group. Nic was looking to add another talent in. It was suggested that the entire school participate in the finale song from production. Everyone present agreed that this was a great idea. Anna to check with Nic. Tanya - Lucky bags  - on track. Receiving lots in the office. Need some adults to help kids on the day.   Leanne – Hannah has agreed to take over finance as it's Leanne’s final year. It was noted that tge floats last year weren't quite right. Denominations need to be changed slightly as lots of people at tge beginning of the fair bring large notes. Leanne to action. Next fair meeting to be held Tuesday 21st of August in the Staffroom At 2.30 Meeting closed at 8.25pm